Tomorrow is the big day — the #ExxonKnew Divest from Deception rally starts at the Meyerson Symphony Center at 7:30 AM. The speakers are prepped, the art is built (and beautiful), and the megaphones have fresh batteries. It’s time to rally!
Here are the final-final details:
What: #ExxonKnew Divest from Deception Rally
When: 7:30 – 10 AM, Wednesday May 25th
Where: Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center – 2301 Flora St, Dallas, Texas 75201
- Anna Kalinsky, a granddaughter of one of Exxon’s scientists that warned of climate change decades ago
- Renee Boschert, a victim of last year’s historic flooding in Texas
- RL Miller, an organizer with the Fossil Free California campaign to divest California’s state pension funds, which currently hold shares in Exxon
- And finally there’s me, Molly, an activist who’s been organizing actions outside Exxon’s shareholder meetings for 15 years
People from across Texas will be joining you tomorrow in Dallas — here’s where we are meeting. Click here to see a larger version of the map below and for directions. It’s easiest to get there by taking the DART train to Pearl Station, just a short walk from Meyerson Symphony Center. If you need to drive, you can find nearby parking lots here.
And here are a few final things to know:
- Breakfast snacks and refreshments will be provided, but if there’s something specific you want to snack on, bring it!
- We’ll provide signs and banners, but feel free to make and bring your own too.
- Help blow up the conversation online — post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. using #ExxonKnew. Let your networks know that this crucial action is happening. Share why you’re there. Did one of the speakers say something powerful? Share a quote. And post lots of photos throughout the action!
- If you’ve got a fancy camera, send your best high resolution images to email@example.com following these instructions as quickly as possible, so we can make sure to share them with the world.
Tomorrow we stand up in Dallas. This is our moment.
Just as Exxon has unleashed their allies in Congress in a counter-attack of the most desperate kind, we are fighting back with people power. We’ve been doing everything we can to hold Exxon accountable, and the results are massive: Already 500,000 people have asked the nation’s legal authorities to investigate the #ExxonKnew scandal, four Attorneys General have said yes, and the Department of Justice has referred the case to the FBI’s criminal division.
There’s no better time to tell Exxon’s shareholders loud and clear: it’s time to divest from Exxon’s pollution, deception, and greed.
See you tomorrow,